Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Crazy: what I am going to be.

Today is Homer's second day off-track from Kindergarten. He is driving me crazy. I have no idea what I am going to do with him at home all day. He expects more stimulation than I am used to, especially since he has started school.

From the moment he wakes up, and about thirty times more throughout the day, I get the pleasure of hearing, "Momma, what can we do today?" And not in a sweet voice, more in a whiny, bored voice. Even when we go somewhere, as soon as we get home he is bored again.
I know it is his vacation time, but COME ON!!!!! We did our vacationing in the summer.

Also, his coach has canceled soccer practices for the rest of the season because it is getting dark too early, so that activity outlet is now gone. At least we still have games. Hmph.

Sorry, I know it sounds like I am complaining, and I am, I guess. I love the kids, and being able to spend all my time with them,really, I do. But I just had to get that out. We are going to make it through the next three weeks just fine. I guess I am lucky that he is not on a traditional school year, and I do not have to deal with this for three straight months. ;)

I just need to think of some inexpensive activities. Any ideas?

No comments: