Monday, November 12, 2007

Happy Anniversary

Yesterday was the official ten year anniversary of the best friendship of me and A.

Our original plan was to go to Las Vegas for the big ten year, but life happens.

We went out on Saturday night to celebrate. We started out at Crush 29, a fabulous restaurant in Roseville with great service, great atmosphere, and terrific food. We can not say enough good things about this restaurant...with the exception of the carrot soup that our waitress was so enthusiastic about. It turns out carrot soup does actually taste like carrots. More like blended up carrot cake, or maybe jarred baby food mixed with condensed milk. That was our take on it anyhow.

After dinner we went to The 7440 Club in Citrus Heights. Fun, fun, fun. Some of A's coworkers were there, so we drank and danced with them. At the end of the night we got to sing a little bit of Karaoke. I think it was the first song we ever sang Karaoke, eight or nine years ago: There's Your Trouble by the Dixie Chicks. No one ever said we were good at Karaoke, but we always have fun when we do it, and that is the point, right? I am still waiting for pictures from A, but she did call me yesterday morning and tell me that if we never took another picture of the two of us singing Karaoke, we would be OK. We put one of her drunk friends from work, Al, in charge of the camera and apparently there are about 20 pictures of us in that three minute span. Woo hoo. Gotta love digital cameras.

When we got back to A's house we went through some old photos. Wow, the crazy things we have done in the past ten years. We got some real good laughs out of those pictures. And some even bigger laughs out of some letters that I wrote to some people about ten years ago, they just happened to be in my picture box. Embarrassing. I think A was just glad that for once they were not her letters that we were reading. She was the letter writing queen. Apparently I tried to emulate her. All I can do is roll my eyes and thank God I have grown up since I met A.

All in all, we had a great anniversary. I think all besties should celebrate a day just about their friendship. It is quite refreshing. Super fun.

We are thinking for our 15 year anniversary we will go to Vegas. Our kids will be older (duh!) by then (10, 9, 7, and 7 years) so it should be a little easier to leave them for a couple nights.

Happy Anniversary A! I love you! You are the sister I never had, but always dreamed of. There has never been a better friend than you are.

No comments: