Friday, December 7, 2007

Why Not Me?

OK, sooooo. Here's the deal. Today I took the kids to the Downtown Plaza, mostly to get out of the house, but I was also looking for these cool hoodies for my 15 year old brother and one for Mr. F's 15 year old brother. I did not find them, so the kids and I just wandered aimlessly around the mall for a couple hours.

We went to the food court and got some grub. When we came out we smelled something so awful, quite like an ashtray was on fire. Anyone who smokes and does not empty their ashtray regularly should know what I speak of. It was a horrible stench.
Anyhoooo...we went about our business and finally made our way to the escalator to go down to our car, however the escalator was closed and the security was under strict instruction by the Fire Department not to let anyone down into the parking garage. People around me were getting so pissy. Apparently there was a three-car fire down there. Everyone was worried that their car had caught fire, blah, blah, blah. I turned to one lady and told her the truth. Ready? Here it comes. I wish it was my car that caught on fire, it is insured and I am ready for a new car, but I am upside-down in it. You know what I mean- I owe more than it is worth. No. I did not tell her ALL of that. Just the first part where I said I hope it is my car, hehe.

Well, when we were finally allowed to go down in to the garage to retrieve our vehicles I found that my car was there, still intact. Bummer. Why couldn't I have parked one row over...where the fire actually was? Then I could be going out tomorrow to look at the Dodge Grand Caravan or Chrysler Town and Country that I want so desperately.

Why??? Why was it not me???

No comments: