Thursday, January 3, 2008

Blech!

I should start a list of all of the disgusting, nasty diseases that Mr. F is exposed to at work. The new one of the day is Norovirus. What do you mean you have never heard of it? OK, neither had I until he called and told me to make sure the washer was cleared out because he has to decontaminate himself and his uniform tonight. He was working in close proximity with a client (we will use this term to disguise the Mister's true occupation) who has this virus. Apparently it gives you severe poops or something. Here is what I found when I googled it:

Noroviruses (genus Norovirus, family Caliciviridae) are a group of related, single-stranded RNA, nonenveloped viruses that cause acute gastroenteritis in humans. Norovirus was recently approved as the official genus name for the group of viruses provisionally described as “Norwalk-like viruses” (NLV).

I am thoroughly disgusted. It isn't hard for anyone to guess who isn't getting laid tonight :)

No comments: