Wednesday, February 6, 2008

30, Really? Already?

The excitement started last year with Amy. She had her thirtieth birthday and now the rest of us are following in her footsteps. All my friends are turning 30 this year. Obviously not all of them, but, you know. Most of them. The hubs will be 30 in exactly one week.

Wow, time flies. That really just kinda snuck up on me.

I was planning to throw him a small get-together next weekend, but I moved it back to the 23rd. It gives me time to actually put together a list of people to invite. Yeah, I am that far behind already. Then I need to send out the evites. Hopefully I can accomplish this daunting task today, seeing as how there is just over two weeks left until the party day.

I have to say, I am very excited. Thirty sounds so cool. It used to sound old, but not anymore. Partying sounds fun, no matter what age is attached to it, so yeah, can't wait for that. I especially love partying at my own home.

Nine months and three weeks till my 30th.

Any party ideas? Anyone? Anything. Cocktails and hors de'oeuvres are a given. Anything else?

2 comments:

Mamikaze said...

I went the easy route for my hubby's 30th birthday. Pizza party room! I had his Kindergarten picture put on the cake. Simple is my middle name.

As for turning 30 myself (in 10 months and 10 days), I am not looking forward to it. Not sure why. Hopefully, the doom and gloom will pas before the fateful arrives.

Mrs. F said...

The picture on the cake. What a great idea! Thanks! I might steal that.