Monday, February 25, 2008

Menu Plan Monday






This week is going to be a week of leftovers galore. We made an abundance of slow-cooked pull-apart chicken and carne asada for the taco party on Saturday. When I say abundance, I mean abundance. We probably have enough leftover meat to have another taco party.

My menu plan is going to be pretty simple.

Monday: Leftovers, Tuesday: Leftovers, Wednesday: Leftovers OK, OK, I am kidding. We can’t just have tacos every night. Well, we could, but that lacks creativity, so I am going to figure out something semi-crafty to do every night.

Monday: I think we are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate my hubs birfffdayyy with my famn-damily, since my mom has been sick for the past two weeks, and hence, unavailable.

Tuesday: No joke, chicken and carne asada tacos. For lunch I will be making taquitos with carne asada.

Wednesday: Calzones with chicken substituted in this recipe.

Thursday: Spaghetti with carne asada instead of meatballs. Salad and French bread on the side.

Friday: Chicken noodle soup, made from scratch. No recipe, I am going to wing it. Throw some noodles and chicken in some chicken stock and call it good. Maybe add some corn and green beans for good measure. Serve with Ritz crackers.

Saturday: Falafel pitas. Yummy. My kids will either love them or hate them. I am pretty sure they are going to assume they will hate them, fight me to not eat them, and then end up loving them. Cos’ falafels are yummy-licious.

Sunday: Tacos made with any and all leftover meat. Any meat leftover after this meal is getting thrown out.

For more ideas and to see more participants in Menu Plan Monday, head over to see Laura at I’m an Organizing Junkie.

Happy meal-planning.

1 comment:

Misguided Mommy said...

i come up with recipes by reading other recipes or looking at pictures and then tweaking what i see. the chipotle lime chicken is soooo good and i have a recipe for left overs if you want, they are kinda like toquitos but knda not.