Sunday, February 10, 2008

Something I am Not Used To...A Menu




I am so ridiculously new to meal planning. So I figured I would blog about it. Every week. haha. Yessss, you get to read about my weekly feeding times. You are so blessed to be reading this and any future menu blogs of mine.

Here goes...the awesome list of awesome food I am feeding my awesome family this week. Any ideas for future meals will be taken into consideration. If they are too hard I probably won't do them. Nope, I am not lying.

Monday: Weight watchers Stromboli with broccoli on the side

Tuesday: Pull apart chicken tacos filled with lettuce and tomatoes for the veggies

Wednesday: It is the hubs birffffdayyyy, so no doubt we will be eating out!

Thursday: The husb has to work, so it is just the kids and myself for Valentine’s dinner. How ‘bout…homemade pizza cut into heart shapes, with salad on the side

Friday: Baked chicken strips (I use milk instead of dressing and let them dip the strips in Ranch) with red potatoes and broccoli.

Wish me luck on my first week of actually knowing what we are going to eat more than five minutes ahead of time!!!




For more dinner ideas and Menu Plan Monday participants, please visit Laura of I'm an Organizing Junkie


15 comments:

Kiy said...

Looks great. Menu planning is addictive. I now love it and have several weeks going ahead of time. It really helps with budgeting - both money and time! Good luck and have fun.

Cheers, Kiy

Stephanie said...

Welcome aboard. I joined just a few weeks ago, and it is such a big help to me. I have already added several new crockpot meals to my regular list. I also love that I have reduced my stress level, and have more time for my girls.

Sister Honey Bunch said...

I would lose my mind if I didn't plan my meals a week in advance. YOu will be a new woman now!

Mommychicky said...

Welcome to MPM. Looks like a good start. I like the heart-shaped pizza idea.

Thanks for sharing and have a great week. My menu is up here.

Elizabeth said...

Your menu looks great.Welcome to menu planning.I have been doing it for so long that when I dont adhere to my plan,we eat peanut butter sandwiches because I have no idea what to make,even though the kitchen is full of food!Have a great week.

~Billie~ said...

Good for you! I always start a meal plan, but never stick to it. Of course, last night hubby informed me of 'his' mealplan which he is determined to stick to and wants my help with - in an attempt to be healthier. Maybe the push from him is what I really need.

Cynthia Matzat said...

Welcome to Menu Plan Monday! Your menu looks very good - I might have to try the WW Stromboli. Thanks for sharing!

annie said...

What a yummy menu!
Happy Monday!
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·’ * Annie *

Renee's Reading Corner said...

Welcome to MPM! Your menu looks great. Have a wonderful week.

Renee'
My MPM is at http://rmboys.wordpress.com/

An Ordinary Mom said...

Welcome to MPM! Looks like you have a great week planned!

Connie said...

I love menu planning and I think you will too!

Have a great week!

Rhen (yestheyareallmine) said...

Welcome to menu planning. I started a couple months ago for two reasons. I needed to know what we were going to eat more than 1 hour before dinner time and to save money. Wow, have I really been able to save a lot of money!

Great menu!

Mamikaze said...

Nicely done! I didn't realize there was a movement of menu planning. I have done this forever. It is a great budgeting, shopping and diet structuring tool.

minijonb said...

could you do my menu plan for me? please??? i need help!

Mrs. F said...

MiniJonB, This is my first time, I barely know how to cook, so this menu is pretty much as good as it gets. LOL. My poor family, huh!