Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Garage We Can Walk Through

We have lived in this house for 51 weeks. That is one week short of a year (you know, in case you could not figure that out on your own).

We bought it {um, the house} from family.

When we moved in the garage had the previous tenant's crap in it, along with the original owners crap, and some crap that was borrowed from another family member. The thought of cleaning the garage has never been pleasant. The only thing we want to do with everyones crap is toss it.

When I got home from the doctors office yesterday cleaning was already in progress.


Kinda-Before {but not truly before, since cleaning was already in progress. Um, I think I already said that, huh!}:







After {Maybe this is as good as it gets}:


Good as it gets




Anybody want to place bets on how long we can keep it clean?

6 comments:

mamikaze said...

I say it will stay clean 12 weeks, 2 days. All bets are off after Memorial Day.

I am tagging you.
It's a Flickr Meme. Go see.

Carmi said...

I think you'll enjoy having the open space so much that you'll keep it clean indefinitely.

Thanks for the reminder: we've been meaning to do the same to our garage. We may need a Dumpster in our case :)

I've posted my WW contribution here, and hope you'll drop by for a visit:
http://writteninc.blogspot.com/2008/03/wordless-wednesday-bananarama.html

Hope you enjoy the rest of the day!

Carmi

Corey~living and loving said...

I'd say that is pretty darn good! :) way to go!
happy WW!

minijonb said...

it will probably stay clean until November or December, and then the holidays will do it in. maybe the nice bike sitting there will be a good reason to keep it clean.

~Billie~ said...

Looks good! Do you use your AbLounge, much? We have one, but I'm not sure either one of us have been using it.
If it was us, it wouldn't stay clean but for a few months (at the longest).

Mrs. F said...

Minijonb~ We are masters at stacking stuff around the bike, LOL.

Billie~ The ab~lounge just got put together yesterday when we were cleaning the garage. Hubs said it could probably go in the bin, I told him I would use it if it was put together (We disassembled it for our move, ahem, 51 weeks ago) I should go use it right now :)