Monday, March 3, 2008

Menu Plan Monday



This week is going to be a bit on the busy side. There are play dates to be had, Cal goes back to school on Friday morning (hallelujah, thank the good Lord above, five weeks off track was a bit excessive), Rissy starts ballet on Wednesday, I have a doctors appointment on
Tuesday, we have a birthday party on Thursday, and I am going to try to squeeze in a day of work on Sunday. Whew. All this while trying to do the regular stuff. You know become quickly addicted to facebookstore hopping for a tutu and leotard, obsessively reading your blogs keeping my castle clean, feverishly trying to complete my crosswords and sudoku puzzles and failing miserably washing the laundry and putting it away, and most importantly--feeding the fam.

What is in store for dinner at our humble abode this week?

Monday: The husband made a beautiful Beer Can chicken. It was ridiculously delicious. Served it up with mashed potatoes and broccoli. Yummmm

Tuesday: Spaghetti with meatballs served with cheesy bread-sticks from Schwans and small green salads.

Wednesday: Chicken strips (the ones that we make from scratch dipped in milk then goldfish or pretzels), baked red potatoes, and glazed carrots from a kiddy cookbook Rissy insisted on buying from Costco. I think it is Sandra something semi-homemade kids cookbook.

Thursday: We will be at a birthday party and they are serving pizza, so yeah, pizza for dinner. Yummm.

Friday: Meatloaf muffins (also from the kids semi-homemade cookbook), served with mashed red potatoes or red potatoes that I bake whilst cooking the meat, I reserve the right to decide as I am prepping din-din, but I am definitely cooking the carrots with the meaty muffins.

Saturday: Taco Rice Bowls from Sandra someones semi-homemade cookbook. Yes, we are very excited about this new book. The four year old wants to help cook everything now!!!!

Sunday: I will be working all day and I am pretty sure we are having Subway for dinner. Or we will eat at my Mom's when I pick the kids up, or we will come home and eat leftovers. Whatev.

To see more menu ideas and participants head on over to visit Laura at I'm An Organizing Junkie

****sidenote- I did not get around to making the Falafels (on last weeks menu) until today for lunch, as we were busy on the Falafel night last week. My family hates them. My husband acted like a five year old and protested the falafels. It made me super mad.*****

1 comment:

~Billie~ said...

I finally did it! I made a meal plan! LOL! I have you to thank for dragging me into this... =)