Monday, March 24, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


What an exhausting weekend!

My menu is made up completely of things that can be found in my nearly bare cupboards. Why shop if I don’t need to, right?

Monday~ Tri-tip, broccoli, and fresh baked bread

Tuesday~ Teriyaki Salmon, brown rice and broccoli

Wednesday~ Homemade pizza and salad

Thursday~ Hamburger pie (some people call this shepherds pie), which is not actually going to be made with hamburger at all, but with leftover tri-tip instead. I like to hide lots of veggies in the hamburger pie.

Friday~ Spaghetti and meatballs

Saturday~ Chicken drumsticks with mashed potatoes and green beans

Sunday~ Taco bowls. I made these up last week on Taco night and we loved them. I baked corn tortillas on foil balls at a high heat, and then when they came out of the oven they were formed as shallow bowls. Very cute. We threw in some refried beans, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and sour cream. Yummmm.

For more meal ideas and to find more Menu Plan Monday participants, head on over to visit Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie.


P.S. This is my 99th post, so you know what is next? Yup, that's right---my 100th post. What could be better than 100 things about me for my 100th post?

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Your taco bowls are cute. :) Clever thinking.

Your menu looks great, too. I'm impressed-if my cupboards were bare, I wouldn't have such good meals on my meal plan! lol

Have a great week.

PlanningQueen said...

Such a good idea to give the cupboards a clean out. I think I need to do that in the next month. Thanks for the inspiration.

Niki said...

The taco bowls are adorable! I would never think to make them that way.

:)