Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Numero Dos

Another red-letter day in the five-year old's world.

Or should I say, another day, another dollar?

The dentist warned us that this was happening, and here we are, living out her predictions.

Tooth number two---gone.

My kid is so funny about this stuff. I love him. I think he is a lot like me when it comes to his sense of humor.

He runs in the house, out of breath with a tiny little tooth in his right hand: Momma, momma look!!!!!

Me: OH. MY. GOSH!!!!!!! How did that happen?

He: Oh, Kevin hit me in the mouth and it just fell out!!!

Me: Huh? Wuh?

He: No, I mean, I was biting on a rock.

Me: A rock?

He: No. A box, I mean.

Me: Whu? Huh? Lemme take a picture!!!


I still have no idea how it realllllllyy fell out, maybe I will get the story later, but for now he is sticking with the biting on a box story.

All I know is that I need to scrounge up some quarters in preparation for this evenings tooth-fairy festivities!

4 comments:

Grandy said...

Ah...you might let him stick with the with the box story, but watch out for that Kevin. ;)

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness-the dentist is so expensive. I am sorry that happened.

~Billie~ said...

Oh my!! SOunds like it will stay a mystery... What a cute picture, though!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

The old someone punched me and knocked my tooth out story . . . I know it well.

Sent your way by Grandy.