Thursday, March 27, 2008

Shoulda Known Better

It happens every time I cut her hair.

Not when my Mom trims her bangs.

Not when her Auntie cuts her hair.

Just when I cut her hair.

When left to her own devices, my daughter will find any pair of hidden scissors within hours of me cutting her hair and she will give herself a cutting to remember.

An un-fixable cutting.

Ferfacksake.

I thought we were over this three year old stuff. Slash early four year old stuff. Daughter, you are almost four and a half. Please stop cutting your hair. It has been growing out from your last cut since mid-September. I really thought you were over it. I thought I could take a shower and not have to worry about you lopping your mane.

How wrong I was!!!

When you came into the room you looked a little off-kilter, so upon investigation I found this:


Not sure if Auntie is going to be able to fix you now.

Grrr!!!!!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Well that certainly calls for an "Aw, shit. Rest assured, it will grow back. Perhaps not as fast as you'd like, but it will grow.

Mrs. F said...

Yeah but, but, but, but, but...
it just got done growing out from last time and she was all set to get it evened out in a nice Springtime bob.
Ugh.

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness. My sister did that when we were young-right before my father got remarried. LOL

Grandy said...

HA! I wanna see the pic of HER after all that hair. Maybe a cute bob will fix it?? ;)

Mrs. F said...

Grandy- I think a cute bob will fix it. It will just have to be a shorter bob than she was originally going to get.

I will post pictures if I can get her to slow down for ten seconds and pose for me. Today she was justifiably scared of me and the camera. She probably had that gut feeling that I would be making fun of her in a blog. (Like she knows what a blog is...LOLs)

It is very ragdoll-ish. To say the least.

~Billie~ said...

Too funny! The pictures are just adorable, though! Thankfully, hubby buzzes the boys hair, so we haven't had that problem... =)

Cristina Mathers said...

the shorter on one side looks is rather trendy though....=)

my daughter has crazy, unruly bob marley type. whenever i tried to cut her bangs i did a horrible job. so i asked my mom to do it. when i went to pick her up she had bangs from the back of her ears forward, like a mushroom/bowl/mullet cut because it was still long in the back. i wanted to die. needless to say no more haircuts by grandma.

those hideous bangs have finally grown out and it's much better.

i dread the day that my kids discover scissors. she's only two and i hope that she never finds them!!!