Monday, April 21, 2008

Dramatic, but Not Overly So; Or Am I?

Whew. What a weekend.

Saturday on my way to work I was driving in the far left lane of the freeway when we all had to slam on our brakes. I did it. The people in front of me did it. The person behind me? Not so much. They were a tad bit late on the brakage. So instead of rear-ending me the driver chose to swerve to the left, pulling their car in to the rocks of the center island. Then they proceeded to over correct and swerve right, just inches away from my car, in and out, almost hitting me several times. Luckily I was not hit, but after swerving a few times the driver finally spun out in the rocks and hit the center island. I pulled over briefly and then saw that other cars had pulled over, so I kept going. I did not have a huge time margin to get to work. It can take up to two hours to get there. And on Saturday we were picking up the guests at a different pier, so we were leaving the dock right away. I really had no time to waste.

So, dear friends, if you were me, would you have stopped? Let me remind you that I did not cause this accident, this other driver did not hit me, other people did stop, and there is nothing I could have done if I did stop (it is not like I am medically trained for anything of this magnitude).

I am having such a moral dilemma. Even though everyone I have talked to has said that I shouldn't. I feel like bad karma is going to be coming my way or something.

What do you think????

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

If other people stopped I would let it go. If not.. probably. Just so I could chew them out for not paying enough attention!
I'm glad no one was hurt!

Elizabeth said...

"Just so I could chew them out for not paying enough attention!"

Ok... maybe that was a tad harsh.

~Billie~ said...

LOL! I agree with elizabeth. I would have only stopped to chew them out!

Rachel said...

I would not think about it anymore. You made sure that everybody was ok. Too many people can actually make things worse. You did fine and now let it go.

Home Broker said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Broker, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-broker-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Sarah said...

I think as long as no one was hurt and no other cars were hit in the process you are fine. as you said you arent medically trained or anything so there wasnt anything you could have done.

Mrs. F said...

Home Broker~ I am glad that you found my post likable. Please no more spamming me though, kthx.

Also, my post is lovable. Get it straight.

Rebecca said...

I think you were o.k. not to stop...