Friday, April 4, 2008

A Lame Story About My Lame Internet Connection

I had everything scheduled perfectly so that my DSL and DirecTV would be shut off on the 3rd and then my Comcast (TV and internet) would be turned on the same day.

The cable guy was ridiculously late, like 2 hours late (when I had somewhere else to be, of all days) and found some pretty major problems in the line. He hooked it up, but told me I was going to have shitty service. I swear that is what he said. Shitty service with the cable and little to no service for the internet.

And of course he felt awful because he thinks I am a Goddess.

He told me he was going to have contractors come out to dig up the line, since he could not pull it out.

When? When will I get my precious internetz back?

Hopefully by next Friday he says.

It was supposed to go so smoothly. I had it all planned out. I hate when things don’t go as I planned, don’t you?

P.S. This post is being magically posted.
P.P.S. I'm just kidding. My hubs is a genius and he got it to work. I just have no idea if it is going to keep working or not. It could go kaput at any moment.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

If I had to live without internet service for a day I think I would have a major temper tantrum, complete with screaming and kicking fits... the whole works. Then I would cry.