Friday, April 11, 2008

Menu Friday and a special birthday treat



It seems a bit silly to be doing this, but I am going to do it anyway...

My menu! On Friday. You know...four days late.

Whatever.

Monday~ Chicken tacos. I can not say enough good about this meal. I love it.

Tuesday~ Dinner at my Mom's for Adam's birthday.

Wednesday~ Dinner at Amy's for her birthday.

Thursday~ Spaghetti with meatballs and salad

Friday~ Baked chicken strips and salad. Tonight I breaded the chicken in a mixture of blended up ritz crackers, goldfish crackers, french fried onions, and pretzels. Oh Mah Gawd. Yum.

Saturday~ Leftover chicken tacos.

Sunday~ Dinner at Chris and Angelicas baby shower. Dinner may actually be just hors de' oeuvres, but I don't care.

Wow, that menu completely lacks creativity and zest.

No umph.

I am bored stiff and I feel like I may be stuck in a rut. I better learn some new dishes now while it is still cooking season, because during the summer, aka grilling season, we eat grilled chicken and salads every night.

What?

It gets hot here.

To spice up this boring blog just a little bit I am going to show you what I am making next Friday for my girlfriend Mo's birthday. I am in charge of dessert. She is turning 29...again. 29.2 she calls it.
Imagine this saying Princess Mo on it. And on the middle cupcake it will say 29.2
What do you think? Also, please ignore the coupon on the bottom. Oh, and I hope you can read the chicken scratch, I was in a hurry.



For more menu monday participants go visit Laura at Orgjunkie.com

5 comments:

Grandy said...

Do you ever cook fish at all? I'm impressed that you think things out that far. Oh wait...not that far at all, just through tomorrow. The cake looks cute. Please be sure to show us the end result.

Sister Honey Bunch said...

I'm a big menu planner. I might need to steal yours.

(Oh, and YES! I am hating your warm temperatures right now!)

Mrs. F said...

Grandy~ I had to laugh when I read your comment. Funny! Also---Fish should go on the menu next week, great idea.

Rachel said...

I love it. What a great idea for the cake. I also love the idea of chicken strips salad. what a great menu and some days off from the kitchen..nice.

Rachel said...

I love it. What a great idea for the cake. I also love the idea of chicken strips salad. what a great menu and some days off from the kitchen..nice.