Sunday, April 13, 2008

Another Post About Something That Annoys Me

There is something about a forwarded e-mail that drives me crazy. Crazy, I tell you.

When I am looking at my inbox and I see something like this:

Fwd:Fwd:Fwd:Fwd: I Better Get This Back

You can pretty much be sure that I am not sending it back...to anyone. I will read it, because I am not that mean. As long as I don't have to click anywhere else to get there.

Here are some examples of how to make me crazy.

I opened my email this morning and found this. Attachments. I should have known, since the subject of the email was Fwd:Fwd:Fwd: Blah, blah, blah. Do you know that I have to click three times to see EACH picture. Not that I am a busy woman or anything. Not that I have better stuff to do, but kinda, I do. I could be doing ten other things in the time it takes me to read that email. Not gonna read it. Sorry. (This email said Tuesday funnies. It is Sunday. Please at least change the body of the email to reflect that. Maybe call it Sunday funnies. We need funny on Sunday, too)

One of my friends posted this as a bulletin on MySpace the other day. Basically someone felt so compelled to copy this email and post it as a bulletin for all their friends to see (don't make me explain My Space to you, please). I simply googled two words in the story and the first google response was for snopes. SNOPES. C'mon people...check it out. Snopes. com can be a very helpful web site. I use it. Please just check to make sure the email you are about to send (or bulletin you are about to post) is real or valid. (This one is about Glade plug-ins causing house fires)


Ugh. This next one is the worst. The silly bulletins where your MySpace friends tell you they are going to delete you if you do not repost. Just because I do not repost this spammy shit does not make me a two-faced friend. At all. Why would you have reposted that. Do you not know that? Did you really believe that your friend that posted that before you was going to delete you if you did not put up that stupid bulletin. Chances are good that your friend is a friend whore and she will never delete a friend. Stop posting this stupid ass bulletin. (also, you bet your ass I want picture comments)

So there you have it, my friends. Just another thing that annoys me. I know I am not alone in this. Am I? Also, I know I have been guilty of this in the past. I have learned my lesson and feel like I can talk about it now. I no longer forward emails without first changing the subject and deleting all of these >>>>things.

What is the most annoying email (or whatever format-MySpace, facebook) that you have received/seen?

3 comments:

followthatdog said...

my trick for forwarded email is to forward it, with a little message that goes something like this "I have been forwarded this email by my friend "insert name" She has asked that I make sure to return it to her or forward it on or bad luck will befall me. Unfortunately I am very superstitious. I have asked to be left off these email forwards for this reason. If you dislike getting these emails as much as I do, please email her at "insert email address" and tell her to leave me off her future forwards. Thank s you so much.

Mrs. F said...

OMG That is hilarious!!!!!!

Elizabeth said...

I had a similar experience recently! I am so with you on this. Exclamation point.