Friday, May 30, 2008

Happiest Happy Birthday Ever Little Big Man

Oh mah gawsh. I can hardly even believe that my little big man is 6 years old today. Seems like it was just a few weeks ago that he was born. I remember being in the hospital the night after he was born and waking up and having to go to the nursery to hunt him down. When I got there I told the nurses that I was looking for my baby, because he had been gone for too long. They told me to relax because I was going to have at least the next 18 years with him and that they would bring him back shortly. I NEEDED him right then though, more than I had ever needed anything in my whole life!

At one month old he had a message for the camera man...


A few months later he brightened my life a little more with the sweet sounds of his laughter. That sound still melts my heart. I still tickle him just to hear that sweet noise escape his body.

3 Months Old, Such a Stud already!


Just weeks after the giggling, he learned how to roll over. This is one of the more unfortunate events in my early mommyhood, since he was on top of my king sized bed when he learned this new trick. I was in the same room, but was about five feet away switching the laundry from the washer to the dryer and I saw it out of the corner of my eye-it was the slowest slow-motion event I had ever witnessed. Lucky boy though, his brains were not rattled from falling off our bed, and he is now the smartest Smarty McSmartpants ever (in my completely unbiased opinion, of course)!

This year he did a million things, some of the highlights-He:
broke his foot
learned how to ride a bike
lost a couple teeth
started school
finished his first year of school
And we kinda think he even got his first girlfriend

Playing house with Trisha ;)


Goodbye Kindergarten

So to my dear Son-shine:
You light up my life and six years ago today my world changed. You made me a completely different person and I am so happy that you and God chose me to be your Mommy. You are sweet, kind, passionate, chivalrous, caring, polite, and I am pretty sure that you have the best manners of any six year old out there. Your heart is bigger than most, too, as you are so loving, always there to give those tight squeezy bear hugs that you are so good at.

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday Dear Caleb!
Happy birthday to you!!!!

With all my Love,

Your Momma
P.S. In year seven can we stop fighting with sissy? kthx.

Ugh, am I the only Mommy that totally chokes up when I hear the birthday song being sung to my child? I swear, it gets me every time!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday Cal! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day!

"You made me a completely different person and I am so happy that you and God chose me to be your Mommy." That is one of the most amazing sentiments I've seen written. I may have to thieve that from you. ;)

Rebecca said...

Happy belated birthday, Caleb!

And wonderful post, Mom.

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Caleb! Oh what a sweet post to your son and what great photos. I love how he is giving the finger. Too damn funny.

Grandy said...

I'm sorry I missed the festivities. Happy belated birthday, kiddo!! Your mommy rocks!!

No, you're not the only one that gets choked up.

The JNJ Hasleton's said...

I absolutely love that pic with the middle finger. If it was our child, Jared would be so proud!

~Billie~ said...

Aww!! Happy Birthday Cal!! He's growing up into such a handsome young man!

Niki said...

What a handsome little fella!

You're making me all weepy with this post because MY little man is going off to preschool this year and he thinks he is so darned big now! Wah...I wish we could make them stay little forever.

:)