Thursday, May 1, 2008

I am Still A Beer Girl





The hubs and I just got home from a romantic getaway to Napa, aka Wine country. Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a fan of wine. It does not mean I did not have a good time in Napa, because I most certainly did. But those free wine tasting passes were lost on me.

On Monday we got into town in time to check in at 4pm, then we went downtown to walk around and find some grub. We ended up having some great beer at a brewery and some super yummy garlic fries for dinner. Afterwards we went to the grocery store and picked up the next days lunch and some Schmirnoff Ice's and ice cream and took them back to our fabulous room.

The living room/ kitchen. Gorgeous, huh!


Tuesday was our seventh wedding anniversary and we spent a portion of our morning listening to timeshare jibber jabber. We are so buying more points when we run into money. Afterwards we went to the Estate Cave, which is on the property of the hotel. We received free wine tasting and some wine dollars (you know, money to spend in the winery) so we sat down at that wine bar and got our drink on! I figured out that I like me some Pinot Blanc, mostly because it tastes like champagne, sans the bubbles, but I prefer champagne.


After the winery we went to the room to do private things, like make sure the bathtub was meant for two.

The room

The bathtub

It was. Then we headed out for some dinner. We had seen on a sign the day before that we could get Tri-Tip dinner for two for $23 or something. I mean, how romantic is dinner that is made for two? Meh. Turns out the restaurant was more like Sizzler than anything else. We walked in and ordered, then picked out our own table and then someone brought us our dinner. I did not mind, but hubs was annoyed to say the least.

Here is me after having dinner (mind you I had been drinking all day at this point.) I am so refined.

Where we ate dinner

All in all we had a good time.

We left on Wednesday morning, got into Sacramento and went straight to Ikea for some kids-free shopping. Good times. I wish we had something to buy, but all we could think of was night lights, a sconce and napkins. Exciting, I know.

I am super behind in my blog reader, so forgive me if I have been less than stellar at commenting and stuff, but I have had way more important exciting things going on.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

OMG it looks like you two had a great time!! SO jealous! PLUS! Girl you look awesome!!! Oh yes you do!!!

Rebecca said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT time. I'm so glad.

It's hard work, making sure that tubs are meant for two, but I applaud your stick-to-it-iveness! :)

~Billie~ said...

Happy Anniversary!! Looks like you two had a great time! The pictures are gorgeous. =)

Elizabeth said...

Happy Anniversary! That bathtub looks devine. *meow* ;)
If memory serves, there's also a Buckhorn in Winters... I had the char'd tri tip there years ago and ohmigosh it totally melted in my mouth. *drools*

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Happy belated anniversary! What a gorgeous place!

Our 11th anniversary was May 3.

Uh, you can pass your wine on down to me.