Monday, May 5, 2008

You Wanna Piece Of Me?

Muahahaha!

We all know I am a little crazy, right?

Good.

So this morning I was taking my little man to Kindergarten and we were driving real slow in our grossly huge moving target truck and this little boy, probably 8 years old, winds up his arm and threw something at the moving target my truck.

Oh man, I was pissed. There were no cars behind me, so I flipped the truck in reverse like a madwoman gentlewoman and lined myself up with the child.

Me: *growling*You just threw something at my truck!

Him: *Deer in the headlights.*

Me: Did your Mom teach you to do that (it was all I could come up with at the time, obviously I know that his mother does not condone this behavior)??

Him: No.

Me:*fuming-there may have been steam escaping my ears*

Him: Sorry.

Me: Don't let me catch you doing that EVER AGAIN. To me or anyone else. I will tell your Mom next time!

Him: *Deer in the headlights again.*

I had to tell Cal that it was not OK to throw things at cars (as if he did not know- but I think 5 year olds always need reminders and stuff) and explain to him that he would be punished if I ever caught him doing something like that! I think he was a little shocked though that I reprimanded someone else's child.

Would you have turned back and told the child what you thought if this happened to you?

8 comments:

~Billie~ said...

Good for you! I would have done the same thing! I used to work for the school district, though... so I'm used to lecturing others' children. LOL!

Elizabeth said...

I think I would have done the very same thing. Well done!

And I bet that little boy wet his pants. ;)

drowninginlaundry said...

Absolutely! I totally would have said something to the kid, he probably behaves that badly because most adults won't call him out on his behavior!

Rachel said...

I am not sure if I would have backed up-well it depends on how far past the kid but usually I share my opinion. Keep in mind-nether is right or wrong. I think it taught your little on a good lesson about his mom and how tough she is-but hey he probably knew that one already.

Grandy said...

In would have probably stopped the truck in the road, got out and chewed his hiney. Although picturing your story here, my eyes are still in the headlights.

mommymommyland said...

He you are better than Nathan, he would have thrown something back!!!

MRMacrum said...

No, I wouldn't. An angry white guy with a scary big beard hollerin at some waif in the road might get me the wrong kind of attention. I'd probably just run him over.

You don't know me, so I'll qualify this and say I am jokin. I'd sure look at him him hard though and fire off some juicy and extremely vulgar epithets for him to share with Mom and Dad later. But confront him? No way. Adult males get arrested for that kind of thing now days.

I remember as a punk though things were different. An incident with snowballs and the man bigger than Yeti who got out and chased us for miles it seemed comes to mind.

Aimee said...

I think we all know that I would have cussed at him. duh. :P