Thursday, June 12, 2008

Swim Time

Just like riding a bike, swimming is something that we do not forget how to do.

So why the hell can I not remember how to do the breaststroke then? Huh?



Admittedly I was never very good at either the breaststroke or the butterfly, but seriously? I can't do that shit at all. Four years on the high school swim team and a Varsity letter and I can only swim freestyle and backstroke. What gives?

I tried to teach Cal to swim freestyle today and he does a damn good doggie paddle.


8 comments:

Rebecca said...

I can swim but just enough to keep myself from drowning. I have no endurance. I also get in the pool or other body of water about once every five years. :(

Elizabeth said...

I grew up in a pool but I don't think I've ever done a breast stroke in my life.

I've been trying to come with some smart ass comment involving the words "breast" and "stroke" and I'm having issues. I apparently need more java.

Grandy said...

My son's best stroke on the swim team is breast stroke. I can't butterfly at all.

followthatdog said...

butterfly is only possible for complete freaks of nature. i can do most other strokes, as long as I remember to blow out through my nose. Water up my nose makes me nuts.

I'd bet my non-swimmer husband would claim expert status at the breast stroke, but then again, won't most men given half a chance?

Rachel said...

I swam competitively for many years and the breast stroke is not very easy. It is actually one of the harder strokes. I used to do an 100 IM-one lap of each stroke and my breast stroke stunk.

minijonb said...

i'm an excellent drowner, so i don't have to worry about all that silly swimming stuff.

Misguided Mommy said...

ummm now this poster looks dirty, the above photo not dirty, this, all i think is sex

Seresecros said...

You'll never have to worry about technique with a doggie paddle, leaving you free to get on with the whole 'not drown' ideal. Fancy swimming is for posers!