Sunday, July 20, 2008

Thirteen More Years of Seven A.M.


Tonight I was sitting in Riss's bedroom, brushing her wet hair, getting her ready for bed and I told her that tomorrow morning we need to be awake by seven.

"Seven?" she questioned.

"Yup, we pretty much need to get up at seven o' clock every morning from now until the day you graduate high school."

Bwahaha.

A silent tear rolls down my cheek, for my baby is starting Kindergarten tomorrow morning!

This is it, folks.

The beginning of her very own life.

While I am giddy with excitement (what am I going to do with no kids for four whole hours every day???) and fantasizing of mid-morning naps, I am also terrified.

A baby no longer, but now a BIG girl!

Wish us luck, cause with a girl this ornery, we are going to need it!




13 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Riss has entered the Big Time! Well done, little lady!
Never fear tho... now that both kids are in school you'll wake up tomorrow and two years will have passed. Trust me.

Elizabeth said...

Um... that last part was supposed to be comforting but I don't think it was.
You'll have to forgive me... I'm still on my first cup of coffee.

The Fishers said...

It makes me sick to think of my Pkid going to preschool in September, but I am also a little excited. Oh, the joys of motherhood. Good luck. I bet in no time at all she will be used to it and maybe going to bed EARLIER!!!

mamikaze said...

That photo is adorable. You will be in heaven for 3 hours a day, enjoy!

Monte_08 said...

Good luck with her first day of Kindergarden! I can't even imagine when my little one starts school. I'll be so sad.

followthatdog said...

Holy crap, here I was, traumatized by the fact Big Dog had to be at school by 9:00a. How will I ever survive this? We are not a family of morning people.

Congrats to you both, this is such a big deal!!!

minijonb said...

can't she sign up for second shift school? sleep in a little, take it easy. that's what i always want to do. and now i need to be at class at 8:30 am this fall - i'm farked.

Grandy said...

So, any calls to the principal's office? No? Not on the first day? You're good then. :)

~Billie~ said...

Aww! What a sad and proud moment all in one. The photo is beautiful!

Harmony said...

Yikes! Her 'permanent record' is being created, eh?

And what's with starting in JULY? You guys must have year round schedules, right? We don't have that here...

Found you through AllMediocre.

Steph said...

How sweet. Our oldest starts 1st grade on the 25th! That is just nuts for me to think about.

Ashley said...

I really like your blog! And that photo on this post is really adorable. Good luck with your daughter's first day of school!

Your Frugal Friend, Niki said...

Awwww! Good luck to you both!

:)