Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Look Who Grew A Pair




Yes, you can actually hear my hubs in the background telling me that she "grew a pair".

We have lived in this house since March of last year and this little girl may or may not have been traumatized early on. Her parents may or may not have been throwing her back and forth to each other. She may or may not have hated it. And us. I'm just saying that is what may have happened. (It did)

So that she finally decided to leave the edge of the pool yesterday was a phenomenal feat. She is so proud of herself, and we are proud of her!

Look out Michael Phelps (or whoever is the female equivalent of Michael Phelps)...

7 comments:

Rachel said...

That is amazing.It takes a lot of guts to swim across the pool. I love your pool. I am so jealous.

Elizabeth said...

Awesome! She deserves two gold medals for that! Well done!

Carynanne said...

Cuties!! SO if she just started swimming at 5... I guess we've still got a ways to go with learning to swim. Lara (3) loves the pool, but she won't leave my side.

mamikaze said...

Yeah, Riss! Your pool is perdy.

Steph said...

That is awesome. It took most of the summer for Seth to start getting comfortable in the pool and not be latched on to our neck. I am definitely jealous of the pool. I would like to be in one right now instead of working.

Always Home and Uncool said...

Time to put away the floaties ... or save them for prom night.

Elle said...

I bet she was so proud of herself. Way to go!