Monday, August 25, 2008

My Friends Need Big Virtual Bear Hugs

I was going to blog this morning about the camping trip I just returned home from, or the fact that I am starting school today for the first time in almost 7 years, but as I was perusing through my google reader this morning I found the most disturbing news, and I think it would be selfish of me to blog about that instead of this first.

Ten years ago I lived in San Diego. I was working a part time job at a small grocery store and I met the coolest guys there. We all used to have a lot of fun together. Last year I was searching for old people on myspace and I found a couple of those guy friends of mine. One of them has a wife, whose blog I have been reading for months and months now, and I get to hear about their life's adventures through his wife, Robin.

Robin is pregnant with baby number five right now, and just had an ultrasound last week. Basically, they found out the other day that the baby is not OK, and will probably not live. This baby that she has been carrying in her womb for 6 months now...I don't know about you guys, but as a mother, this sort of thing seems almost unfathomable. Please pray for Robin and Nathan. Pray for their strength. Pray for them and their four children to make it through this ordeal. I know that they could really use your strength right now. Head on over to Robin's blog and leave her some love. Some words of encouragement. You can even leave their family some money, as in the upcoming months they are probably going to have hospital bills galore. If you have a few extra dollars, I am sure they would appreciate it. There is a "Donate" button in the top right hand corner of her blog, just underneath the pictures of the six family members. Just to be clear- Robin is not asking for your money, I am.

Now run along and check out Robin's story, then leave her some comments, some encouraging words, some virtual hugs when she needs them...

8 comments:

T with Honey said...

I'm off to leave some virtual hugs and whisper a few prayers for your friends.

Steph said...

Getting ready to head over there...wow...so sad!

Grandy said...

Oh MY!! I'm so sorry!!

Good luck with the first week of school! You can do it!!

journey2learn said...

Praying for your friend and her family.

Rachel said...

I have a friend that just lost a 4 month pregnancy and I had watch my mom loose a 5 month pregnancy. Wow that must be so hard. My prayers go out to her and her family. HUGS, HUGS, HUGS

nathan said...

dear paloma
I've been reading your blog sense you left your first comment on are blog and was extremely surprised and delighted to know you still cared about me to look us up I've laughed at every comment you've ever left and ask Robin if you left a comment on her blog just so i can see what you wrote, most of the time i only read the blogs just to see if you've read them to. if i would have known you would have thought of me in the future i would have tried to stay in contact with you after you left San Diego I'm so sorry, now i feel like a bad friend and after reading your blog today i will never take your friendship for granted, your sincere thoughts about my family have moved me more than some of the people i hold dear to my heart, you are such an amazing person your virtual laughs and cries are heard all the way to are tiny farm.
p.s. your children are amazing and I'm so proud that your in school can't thank you enough for what you have said
your forever friend NATHAN

Elizabeth said...

MANSCAPING?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

When you gonna update, woman???
*hugs*

Oh... and if you would... can you check out my new layout (I got 3 columns going on) and I'd love your opinion. Is it too busy... too much crap...like it the other way better...???

Rebecca said...

I'm on my way over...