Thursday, August 7, 2008

You Ask, I Answer~Part Three

Continuing on with more from my Ask Me Anything post...


************************************************



Bananas said... most embarrassing moment. ever. you know, the one you NEVER talk about.
You know you want to! ;) July 10, 2008 6:18 PM


************************************************


Yeah, sure, I'm dying to do this post. Thanks Jenny.

This was actually a really hard one to come up with an answer to. Not because embarrassing things do not happen to me, but because I am more easy-going than to let things like that get etched into my memory. I like to pretend that those things never happened to me.

When I was in High School I would ride the bus on most days (before my friends got their licenses and could drive me). Bus eleven was always, ALWAYS packed. One particular day I was dressed super cute in a long sleeved floral print baby doll dress and super cute brown chunky heels. The heels were about 3 inches high. (It was the early-mid 90’s, I was cute. Shut up.)

OK, wait. Stop. Let me just say right now that I went to one of the most ghetto high schools in Sacramento. The other kids in my high school dressed DOWN for school, rarely ever did anyone dress up.

Continuing on, and I am pretty sure you all know where this is headed. I was standing near the back of the bus on the way to school that day and as the bus rounded a corner I tumbled down the stairs, showing off my panties to everyone around. I am pretty sure I ripped my tights, too.

I am not sure if anyone helped me up, but I do know that almost EVERYONE saw. All the kids from my neighborhood rode that bus, so it is something that I still remember, and it still makes my cheeks flush.




Another embarrassing moment in my life that I will never forget is when I was about 4 or 5 years old and I was waiting outside my friend Chrissy’s house and her brother came out and asked me if I peed myself. I told him NO, but he could tell, and to this day I am not sure why I thought he could not tell…pee was all over my shorts and probably still running down my leg.




If any of you are my friends from back in the day and you can think of a moment of my life when I should be more embarrassed, please feel free to let me know in the comments.

Please feel free to air some dirty laundry about yourself in the comments, come on, I want to know your most embarrassing moment, too!




8 comments:

Midwest Mommy said...

Lol, too funny. This is a great question to make a post about. I might just have to do something thinking!

The Fishers said...

Okay. I have a question. When you figure it out, I am expecting (hoping) that you will burst into laughter. And please know this is the only dirty little secret about you I know and I mean no malice or judgment by it. I secretly makes me laugh.
M _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ in the b_ _ _ _ _ _ _, really?
Please laugh, please laugh.:)

Mrs. F said...

Lisa~ Hahahahaha, I am totally laughing!

Midwest Mommy~ Welcome to my blog. Thanks for laughing with me. I just subscribed to your feed, so I hope to read an embarrassing moment post on your blog soon!

followthatdog said...

You are a braver woman than I. Those are both pretty priceless. Don't think I'll sign up for that challenge anytime soon

~Billie~ said...

ROTFLMAO!! That is too funny!

Very brave of you... I may have to do a similar post!

Steph said...

Oh man. I know that similar things have happened to me. I did get a good chuckle though.

Elizabeth said...

Embarrassing moments... yeah, I can come up with at least one.

I was in Korea, in the Army, '95. There was a big map of the country in an office that I was plotting, and I couldn't get a particular coordinate right and I was thoroughly frustrated by it. An officer came up to me (I was a Private, First Class) and explained to me what I was doing wrong yet I disagreed with him on his methods because that wasn't how I was taught. This "Butter Bar" was telling me one thing, my training told me another, and the next thing I knew is that I loudly declared, in a room full of officers, "But I've never gone down before!"
Complete silence followed that remark... then laughter. I think I had to leave the room for a while.

Grandy said...

7th grade...white shorts...see where I'm going? Aunt flo...cute boy in class tells me...dying all over again.