Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Babies Grow Up Too Fast

I just kicked thirteen people out of my house.

I take that back. Four of us are still here.

Whoa Nelly, am I exhausted!

We baked a cake.

We made tacos with all the fixin’s.

We sang Happy Birthday, she blew out the candles.

She opened her gifts.

And in less than an hour now, she will be five! My goodness how time flies. It feels like just the other day she was the new girl in the family, and nowadays, I have no idea where I would be without her!

Rissa, my sweet little hell raiser is five. She lives by her own set of rules, but makes up for it in love. The other day she told me, “My brain told me not to put powder* under my bed, and my brain told me not to roll toilet paper* down the stairs, and my brain told me not to paint my toy box with medicine*”

Ummm, really, or did I tell you that???


I swear I did, you know, tell you that in the span of the two days when you did all three of those things…

*Powder=Medicated powder
*Two Rolls

*Medicine=Wart remover


Anyways, I need to occupy my time so that at 1:58am on October 22nd I can go into her room and watch that little angel sleep (some of her sweetest moments, indeed) and give her a birthday kiss. She owns my heart.








As a side note: My parents got her this Gourmet Girl Cupcake maker and this is what she made with it:



Does anyone else see a turd?


As another side note: I have the best best friend EVER! We went to her house yesterday and she threw a little party for Riss, complete with cake, pizza, Tinkerbell decorations, and an activity.








10 comments:

Vic said...

That cupcake is excellent (and yes I do see a turd)!

~Billie~ said...

Aww! Happy Birthday!! She's a beautiful little girl.
I LOVE the big cupcake cake. Did you make that?

Steph said...

Time definitely does fly! She looks so happy and excited. I do see the turd for sure, but she did a good job!

Sara D. said...

Awwww. Happy Birthday Rissa.

Rachel said...

Yeah birthday fun. I love the big cupcake too. Beautiful family Paloma

Ellie said...

i saw a little something more in that cupcake!!! ha...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE LEETLE GURLIE!!!

Mrs. F said...

Vic~ You should have seen me run outside in a fit of giggles and show my Mom, my brother, my brother-from-another-mother, and my step-dad. Like I am 12!

~Billie~Yes, I made that cake. A while back I won a special Wilton pan from a fellow blogger. The pan rocks. Besides the fact that it takes two boxes of cake mix and takes over an hour to bake...I love it!

Steph~Yeah, not bad for a first try. You should have seen her second attempt using real frosting. She ended up finger painting my table. All I could do was laugh...and take pictures...

Sara~ Thank you!

Rachel~ Thank you, and thank you!

Ellie~A little disturbing, huh! And Thank You!

Misguided Mommy said...

yeah i'm gonna go ahead and need you to send me a cupcake cake stat!!!!

Mrs. F said...

Misguided Mommy~ Are you sure you do not want a Gourmet Girl cupcake???

:)

Midwest Mommy said...

How fun! Happy belated b-day. What a nice friend you have.