Thursday, October 16, 2008

Best Weekend Evahhh!

I am not really sure how to put in to words how fabulous last weekend was, and I have no pictures to prove the weekend’s fabulosity, so I have hesitated writing about it.

It was pretty much exactly like I said it was going to be. I woke up Saturday morning and we went to my Mom’s house, where we waited for her to finish getting ready for about, oh, I don’t know, an hour?! Then we went to Merced, where we were the first ones to arrive at my Aunt M’s house. I got the kids all situated, got the car unpacked, and took off at 1pm for Sausalito. It took me 3 hours to get there and when I finally arrived I found the office was locked and both of the boats were gone. You would never believe how bad I had to go pee. I could barely walk it was so bad. Anywho, I found a bathroom and waited around for nearly an hour for my boat to get back to dock. I worked Saturday until 11, then hopped on to the other boat and helped them with their clean up for about an hour. Everyone on that boat was pretty much spent, but insisted we go out anyways.

Thaaattt was fun. Remind me to not try to keep up with the big boys next time. Shots of tequila are NEVER my best friend.

Sunday we got up and started setting up for a trip around the bay. The trip was to be simple, appetizers only, so we knew it was going to be an easy day. When the Blue Angels started flying out above the water we all headed up to the top deck, where no one else is allowed (it is super dangerous up there) and we got the best seats in the house for the show. At one point I was crouched down and I jumped up just in time for a plane to fly about 30 feet directly over my head. It was so ridiculously awesome. You have no idea. I squealed like a schoolgirl, I was so excited. I mean, seriously, it was directly over my HEAD! Ugh, the awesomeness is too much to explain. Sorry. [[edited to add photos found on the website of the boat's photographer from that day!]] In case you can't tell, all photos are courtesy of phatcatphoto.com







Anywayyyys, I finished up work and jumped off the boat before it was even tied up. I ran down the dock and jumped in my car, because I had more pressing things to deal with.

I WANTED TO SEE MAH FAMILEE!!

I got to Merced in 3 hours.

Flat.

My Mom said it was the best birthday ever, having all her sisters and her brother there. I agree. It was so cool. She said that when my Auntie’s got to the house she was just staring at my Aunt C, in complete and utter disbelief. Five of my cousins were MIA, but it was a pretty packed house, full of laughter, and excitement. I just wish I could have been there for the duration of the time, because, uh, yeah, I was only there for 15 hours, 7 of which I spent sleeping. So on the way home I asked my Mom if anyone took a picture of the six of them (her and her siblings) together. Guess what she said? Yeah, that is a giant NEGATIVE. That sucks. So I have taken the liberty to scan in to my computer, for your viewing pleasure, a picture taken 6 years ago, the most recent of all of them together.






If ears had corners: Out of the corner of my ear I heard my Aunt M tell her husband that it was very evident that my cousin Crystal and I are related by the way we communicate. I thought that was super cute! Truly though, you can tell that we are ALL related, because it was one big house of cozy crazy, just the way we are. Just the way we like it!!

I can’t wait till next time. Hopefully then the rest of my cousins will be able to make it, too!

P.S. On a completely unrelated note, have I mentioned that my kids have been off-track from school for almost two weeks now and they are driving me absolutely batty? Two more weeks to go. I can do it. I know my head is not really going to explode (or implode!!!).

P.S.S. On another completely unrelated note, I got 100% on my first Mid-Term in Business Law. Basically, I rock.





8 comments:

The Fishers said...

Glad your weekend was fun. Two questions. What do you do for a job and you are back in school?
more info, please.

Midwest Mommy said...

Wow, that is one packed weekend. I am curious too what is your job?

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

So glad your mom had a great birthday! :)

p.s. you do rock...100% in business law? DUDE!

Misguided Mommy said...

my husband was in atwater last weekend, i almost went with him, darn we woulda been minutes away from each other.

Mrs. F said...

Lisa and Midwest Mommy-See that boat on the top right hand corner of my page. I am an event server on that boat and one other, much smaller, more casual boat. If you click on the picture of the boat it will take you to our website.

Lisa~ Yep, I finally decided to go back to school for the first time in 7 years, unfortunately I am only taking the one class this semester...

Misguided~ That would have been so cool. Someday I aspire to meet you!

Jamie~ Thank you!!

Grandy said...

Well hell yeah you rock! You didn't need a 100% in Business Law to know that...but it helps.

Glad the family gathering was a hit. Would love to be a fly on the wall in that craziness. :)

Mrs. F said...

Grandy~ Any flies got swatted at. My Aunt C made darn sure of that, LOL.

~Billie~ said...

WooHoo!! Awesome job on the MidTerm. You do rock!! Sounds like you had an amazing time! And those planes.... OH MY GOD. I'm jealous. That would be awesome to see, especially that close!

By the way, I've given you an award! Check out my blog for info. =)