Saturday, October 25, 2008

Crap That Sucks

I am supposed to be packing our bags so that we can leave for Disneyland in the morning, but instead I am blogging. I am a procrastinator like that. yeah. so?

I received word from my manager yesterday that we have all been laid off. Apparently the big boss brought in a financial adviser, who advised him that not only are we overpaid, but the boat is often overstaffed, and he needs to cut back.

The solution?

Hire an outside catering company that will cater to each individual event.

Yeah, that will be cheap. Good luck with that, buddy.

To be honest, I was pretty done with the bullshit. There has been so much drama lately and while I am not going to go in depth about it, let me just say that my loyalties in the fight that was had between the big boss and the second in charge, welp, I am on her side (second in charge), so I have been ready to leave for about a month now. I was sticking it out for the money, and because she asked us to, as she felt an extreme loyalty to her clients who had already booked charters, especially the brides.

There is one exception.

I absolutely adore everyone I work with. I am sooooo sad that I am not going to be able to work with those jerks anymore. I lurve them, and I am going to miss them all soooo much.

Honestly, I have never left a job on my last day NOT crying (OK I don't actually cry, for the record, more that I get all choked up...), so this is typical for my emotional level. The difference this time is that on my last day of work, I was unaware that it was my last day of work. I jumped off the boat without saying goodbye to anyone. I know that sounds stupid. But give me a break, I just got laid off.

I am sad.

Other stupid crap that happened yesterday: I retreived the mail from the box and found that hubs had yet another red light ticket from the exact same light where he got a ticket last time (four months ago). I can no longer afford this habit of his.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


"Hey Paloma! You just got laid off. What are you going to do now???"

"I'm going to Disneyland!"

:)





P.S. Don't feel too bad for me. Everyone else at my work is in a much worse predicament than I am.

9 comments:

nisa said...

What a terrible day! I'm sorry. Hope your trip is fun. I can't wait to hear about the Disneyland Halloween party.

Ellie said...

I am sorry for all that has happened to you! I certainly hope that things do turn around! What else are you going to do besides go to Disneyland? Say hi to Winnie the pooh for me!!!!

disneyland = happy

Steph said...

Not a great day! But at least you have Disneyland to look forward to and who can be sad at Disneyland!?!?!

Have a great time!

Rachel said...

Yeah I swear it always comes in 3's. That stinks but I am sure it will turn around and I am sure it was all for something better. Have fun. Can't wait to see pics

Nathan Mizrahi said...

you know there is a hidden message in everything that happens and i think this one is saying its time to come see the mizrahi manor farm now that there is a little time on your plate or you could be supper responsible and start the ever painful smash your head against the wall job search

mommymommyland said...

oh, Paloma!!! I am so sorry! Try to enjoy Disneyland and not think about it till you get back.

~Billie~ said...

Oh no!! ((HUGS)) You deserve that trip to Disneyland even more now. Hope your enjoying it!! I'm sure something better is right around the corner. This could be a blessing! Good luck!

Grandy said...

Holy CRAP!! I didn't even know.

Love your ending. ;)

Midwest Mommy said...

Oh those darn red light cameras. Seriously they scare me.