Friday, October 10, 2008

Spoiler For My Mom, So She Bettter Not Be Reading This!



Did I mention that my blogaversary came and went on October 5th? No? That is because I suck. And I am busy lately. So anyways, happy blogaversary to me. Yay.

Speaking of overwhelmingly busy...

The prospect of this weekend is making me tired.

Today I am cleaning house and packing bags. Next week is my Mom's 55th birthday and we are going to Merced for a get together with family tomorrow. My Mom is the oldest of six children in her family. She has one brother and four sisters. Guess what? (This is the part where I seriously hope that my Mom does not read my blog...) All six of them are going to be in Merced. SURPRISE Mom, if you are reading this...

Two of her siblings actually live in Merced, so obviously they are not a surprise. She knows that one of my aunts is making the drive from San Diego, but she is completely unaware that not only is her other sister from San Diego coming, but so is her sister from Florida!!!!! She is going to be soooo freakishly excited. The last time all six of them were together was at my Grama's funeral six years ago.

So here is my weekend, in a nutshell:

Saturday early morning I go to pick up my mom and we drive the hour and a half to Merced. I get to spend a whopping four hours at my Aunt's house, then I have to leave for work. I will drive the two and a half hours to Sausalito, work for six hours, stay the night there, wake up and work until 5:30pm, drive the two and a half hour drive BACK to Merced hang out with the family until Monday morning, then drive the hour and a half drive home to Sacramento. I am exhausted just thinking about all that driving. Seriously.

What have I got myself into???

I know it is all going to be worth it just to see the look on my Mom's face when she realizes that all her sisters and her brother are going to be there...I just wish that I was not working for most of the weekend. (Calling in sick is NOT an option...)

On a completely unrelated note, I waited 17 years to go to a New Kids On The Block concert, since I was grounded for their tour through Sacramento way back then. I did not go to the concert last night. Sad face. I am just fine pretending like that did NOT happen. Let's all put on our big girl faces and pretend like they aren't on tour...yeah, yeah...good idea!


11 comments:

The Fishers said...

Since you are NOT sad about missing NKOTB last night, then it's okay to remind you that Way Back When I went, front row, and caught the rose that Donnie threw into the audience. Yes, that was me. Ahh, good times, good times.

Good luck this weekend. I am hosting 12 girls at my house for a Fancy Nancy party. I am more excited about it then I should probably admit, but just the thinking and planning of it all makes me so exausted.

I'm sure your weekend won't be as bad as you're thinking it's going to be.

Ellie said...

Hi!! WOW WOW WOW! Your blog design is so pretty! I love it!

Steph said...

First, I like the new layout.

Second, Yay for your mom. She is going to be so happy. How fun!

Last, sorry you missed the concert. A girl that I read went last night. She drove 2 1/2 hours and had to get up super early to get back for work.

Have a good weekend.

Vic said...

OMG I'm tired just reading that - hope you have a great time.

Midwest Mommy said...

Wow, I feel lazy just sitting here on the couch :-)

Elizabeth said...

I just got exhausted from reading your Saturday plans. Holy crap woman!

I hope your mom has an amazing birthday treat!

Oh.. and Murillo's isn't exactly fine dining, nor is it low brow either. Go to Vacaville and go shopping... then go eat Mexican food as a treat. ;)

Dr. Cason said...

Oh my gosh I hopw she didn't get her surprise spoiled! :)

Happy blogaversary!

~Billie~ said...

Aww! Your mom is going to love it! Sounds like a great time!
Do you like Snappeas? I'm the only one here who will eat them. =)

Rachel said...

That is awesome for you mom. I am sure she will be so happy.

I also love your new look. I should have said something two weeks ago but my brain forgot. Congrats on your blog anniversary.

followthatdog said...

Congrats on the blog anniversary. How many years?
AND, sorry about the NKOTB concert. Not that I understand the fascination, but I remember your first post about missing it, and that really sucks.

Grandy said...

Happy Blogversary Baby! Yep, you've made me tired. :)

Hang in there girlie!!