Saturday, December 13, 2008

Has Your Grama Ever Been Ran Over By a Reindeer?

The kids are watching some sort of Christmas movie on the boob tube right now, and the opening song was "Grandma Got Ran Over By a Reindeer". (OK, I just went and checked and they are actually watching "Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer")

Hearing that song always makes me giggle a little.

The part where they say, "You may think there is no such thing as Santa, but as for me and Grandpa, WE BELIEVE." is my favorite part, only because it confuses me though.

When I was in high school my Grama lived with us. I loved her dearly, and to this day, just thinking about her makes me choke up. She passed away 5 weeks after becoming a Great-Grandmother. I miss her so freaking much, but damn, she was ornery.

So here is where my confusion lies.

They believe in Santa because they saw the reindeer hoof tracks on Grandma's head?

or...

That was a gift that only Santa could deliver to Grandpa?

Because I can imagine if this happened to me in 50 years, Big Daddy would play this song over and over and over, giggling like a madman!


2 comments:

Vic said...

Yeah, that would confuse me too. Kinda reminds me of that song 'you cannae shove ya granny off a bus!'

MarvelousMOM said...

You know, now that you mention it, I am confused as well. The song is fun and catchy though.