Sunday, December 7, 2008

I Turned 30 and People Came Over to Get Me Drunk

Random picture of my brother, because this was THE ONLY picture taken with my camera last night.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Last night was my birthday party and it was basically awesome.

There are ups and downs to hosting a party in your own home.

Ups: You do not have to make sure you have a designated driver and can drink as much as you want.

Ups: It is your pool and you can throw up in it if you want to.

Downs: The mess the next day is all yours to take care of.


I made these super cute cupcakey things, which can be found here.



I awoke to find my kitchen like this, so I did what any normal person would have done. I made myself a bloody Mary and headed to the couch to laze the day away.





Big Daddy sent the kids on a bottle hunt throughout the house and the back yard and now the only thing left to do is the dishes...There is always tomorrow.

I must go now. The couch is beckoning me. It longs to wrap me up in its warm, soft, cushy goodness.

11 comments:

followthatdog said...

that sounds like a successful party! Congrats on joining us adults on the other side of the big three oh.

Vic said...

That's a very tidy post-party house. Are you sure the cleaning elves didn't have a quick run round whilst you were throwing up in your pool?

Steph said...

The damage could have been a lot worse! YAY on partying it up. Hope the couch and you snuggled it up all day.

Bakerella said...

Cute Bites and Happy B-day!

~Billie~ said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a great time! 30? That's a big one! =)
Enjoy your time on the couch - you deserve it!

Mrs. F said...

Followthatdog~ I know, right! And thank you. It is an honor to join you!

Vic~ Yeah, sadly, I am pretty sure. The reason there are so many bottles and not much else is because I told people to leave the bottles out of the garbage can because I was going to recycle them. For money. Yeah, like $3...

Steph~ I know. I had to actually tell one person at the beginning of the night that was not, under any circumstances, allowed to put anything in my garbage disposal. (Last party we had he put his cell phone in there). The couch and I had a nice day. Thank you.

Bakerella~ Thank you, you creative genius.

Billie~ Thank you. I feel OLDer.

Grandy said...

Have you forgiven me for not making it? I will email you my horrible excuse.

So glad you had a good time. No one needs the pool at Christmas time anyway. ;)

Mrs. F said...

Grandy~ Of course I forgive you. You only RSVP'd with a maybe. I found it hard to forgive my sister in law, who RSVP'd YES on both the evite and the myspace invite. I am over it now. I was not ever mad at you, but I am dying to hear your lame excuse!!! LMAO about the pool comment!

Cristina Mathers said...

when the house looks like that in the morning, you know a good time was had by all!

Mrs. F said...

Cristina~ True, true!

Tammigirl said...

It took you FIVE hours? Wow. I used the chocolate molds to do the bottom so all I had to do was roll my chocolate into balls and drop them in the chocolate. Maybe that's why mine went faster? I made two cakes full in about the same amount of time. But I'm not sure about time because I had a break in between for a concert and dinner.

I'm making them for Relay For Life and any other excuse I can think of. I loved doing it!