Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Weekend Review

In an attempt to cover up the last two posts of sheer raw emotion and anger I am going to let you in on what I did over the weekend.

Since the hubs called in sick on Saturday and Sunday, he was actually able to attend the family stuff.

So Saturday we went to his Aunt's luncheon, which was fun. I love spending time with family around the holidays. It is, after all, what it is all about, right!

Wrasslin'

Me and the muffin

Hubs and his auntie


Girly girls
My niece is a freak. I love her soooo much.


Then Sunday we got up and headed out to Sausalito to go to my work party. Even though it has been over two months since the last time I worked, we still thought it would be a great time. And it was.

A retired clown, aka Clown Shoes, painted the kids faces. There were balloons there and Rissa was hitting me with one of them, then turned and tried to hit Clown Shoes with the balloon. She had a smile on her face, so I thought she was joking when she was backing up, telling Rissa not to touch her with the balloon. When she fell and poured wine on herself I figured out that she was serious. Turns out that she is allergic to latex. Oops. My bad.

In my defense of my bad momming, I was seriously drunk. Taking two shots at a time will do that.

I had a great time, and the hubs and kids had a great time, too.

[I am thanking my lucky stars that he missed the part where I made a drunken fool out of myself, so he actually thinks I was pretty well behaved...]

The Under Side of The Golden Gate Bridge

Still has that barfy Stache. GG Bridge in the back

Here kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty

Some of mah peeps

Duhduhduhduhduhduhduhduh-BATMAN!


On the way home from Sausalito we dropped the kids off at my Mom's house and went to yet another party. This one was at my BFF's Mom's house. It was an ornament exchange party, but the hubs and I neglected to purchase ornaments for exchanging, so we just hung out and had a good time.

There was dancing

Hugging

Laughing



All the while, I have been trying to collect my thoughts on the whole situation with my Dad. Unsuccessfully, of course. While he did lie to my Mom, which is inexcusable, he is really sick, and I had to avoid saying things that I will regret, so I am just pulling it together and moving on. I will call him in a few days. Thank you all so much for your concern. It really means a lot to me!

6 comments:

NATHAN said...

Ok I'm done being quite I usually keep my comments to my self but after hearing all this , the lips can't stay shut any longer! 1)what your father did was absolutely fucking wrong no matter how you slice your fucking bread 2)Dad is scared and if that's not obvious then I don't know what is 3)regarding your husband , in no way shape or form am I defending him but I will leave you with serious words of wisdom (every one handles the news of oncoming or the arrival of death differently even when we don't understand the lack of or overdoing the emotions 4)I bag you not to make any irrational decisions before they are well discussed P.S with every comment you leave I miss your friendship and that huge smile of yours more and more ,your friend Nathan.

MarvelousMOM said...

Looks like a fabulous time!!

Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!! :)

Ellie said...

I am so happy to see some wonderful posts on here not dripping with anger! It looks like you had a magnificent time there! I love you and the muffin! ADORABLE! And your niece? PRECIOUS!

Rachel said...

Looks like an awesome time. I am glad you had a lot of fun with the family. I am sorry that the DAD stuff is still lingering. Some parents just stink. Now that I am a MOM, I have no clue how my father or mother did some of the stuff they did.

Grandy said...

I'm glad you had a good time hun. It's great to see your smiling face in some of those pics. I have been thinking about you, sweetie. I read what Nathan said and it's very sweet. He is right on so many levels.

I'm thinking of you through these holidays hun! Let's do lunch soon and tell 2008 to kiss our ass in the process. :)

Mrs. F said...

Nathan~ Hakuna matata, my friend. I am not actually going to leave him. After I cooled off, I realized that you are right, everyone handles things differently, I was very upset and wrote that post in the heat of the moment. Thank you so much. You are totally awesome. I miss you, too!

MarvelousMom~ It was, thank you! We had a very nice Christmas! :)

Ellie~Isn't she seriously adorable. I am going to try not to be such a downer anymore. Soon...

Rachel~ I think we have a lot in common. The dad stuff will always be lingering. I just try not to let it affect me normally. Thank you!

Grandy~ Nathan was very right. And hell yes, lets do lunch again very soon!