Thursday, January 8, 2009

Yay. A Day At Bay.

My sister [ok, my step-sister, pish-posh] came into town for a week and a half from Mississippi (what a great word to spell) and aside from our numerous shopping trips, I feel like I hardly got to do anything with her. So when she said that she needed a ride to San Francisco to get to her hotel next to the airport, I jumped on the chance. Our kids had mega fun together the whole time they were in town, I had mega fun with her, we wanted to go do touristy things in the city, so it seemed like a win-win situation.

We left for San Fran at about 1 o'clock in the afternoon and we took my car, since it gets better gas mileage than the Tahoe. The three kids sat quietly in the back seat (picture me laughing like a mad woman here) and we made it to the city in no time at all (even if it felt like a 5 hour drive, what with all the nonsense going on in the back seat)!


I took this photo of the kids chasing birds while we were looking for the bathrooms. We ended up walking quite a ways more before we actually found the restrooms. I probably should look at my pictures when I take them. Heh.

Seeing as how I had never really done touristy things in SF with the kids, and my sister was only there for a day, we deicided to take a tour on a fleet around Alcatraz. I thought it was funny that I would suggest that we do this, seeing as how I normally get paid to go on a boat around the bay and now I was actually paying to go around the bay, but she had never been, so I was really excited for her to do it.

She loves me.


Did you know Alcatraz is really a rock, more than an island.

Yes, my daughter is wearing a sundress in January.

A guided tour via headphones.

Staying warm inside. So dang cute!


Barking


Guess what they were barking at? Cal will tell you in the video. It was ridiculously cute. Gav kept calling them whales. I wish I would have caught that on tape. He is so stinking adorable. Anyway, the video is short. The kids are cute. Watch it.




We went and got dinner and he could not fit his mouth around the hot dog. I thought it was soooo adorable. I have about 5 more pictures of him trying to take a bite of his hot dog!

We promised ourselves at the beginning of our day that if we saw any bronze statues of sea lions that we were going to pose the kids on them. Turns out that they actually do have bronze sea lions for our posing pleasure. We were totally joking.

Kissy, kissy

OMG, he is so handsome, and yes, he was wearing shorts.
He never complained about being cold. I promise.
Please hang up the phone already. No need to involve CPS.
Heh.

Gav. The appropriately dressed cute little muffin.

At least she had pants on with her sundress.
It makes sliding down sea lions much easier.


Next to impossible to get the three of them to pose.
As good as it gets.

9 comments:

Misguided Mommy said...

now i want a hot dog.

i was just in sf this past weekend too.

The Fishers said...

The boy laughs like you.

Grandy said...

HA!! Looks like fun was had by all! Cute pics...and the sundress? Burrrrrrrr....

MarvelousMOM said...

I love SF! There are always some interesting people to watch, so many things to do. It's great. When I was in 5th grade we took a tour of Alcatraz and actually got to see the cells and stuff. It was pretty cool. The kids look like they completely enjoyed. Our kids love the seals as well. I love it!

mamikaze said...

It is physically impossible to not bark back at a sea lion when you are a child or a member of my family. "oork, ork!" I even did it a Sea World.

Cristina Mathers said...

is it weird that i like Alcatraz? i've been there a few times and i find it intriguing. did you eat clam chowder? i'll bet it wasn't as good as it is in Pismo!

and ps: your kiddos are so cte!

Rachel said...

I saw the pics on facebook. Looks like a great day. I love that bridge so much. So damn pretty.

Mrs. F said...

Misguided Mommy~ I love hot dogs, but only on special occasions, like Costco days.

The Fishers~ Heh. I never noticed.

Grandy~ What can I say? She is a 5 year old hard headed little princess. She actually told me that she was going to wear what she wanted to wear. I finally gave in when she agreed to wear the pants and a sweater. Meh.

MarvelousMOM~ The kids loved going out on the boat. I love SF, too. I just booked a hotel on Fisherman's Wharf for the hubby and I to spend our 8th anniversary. Sooooo excited.

Mamikaze~ Hahahaha, I agree. It is just too tempting. :)

Christina~ No clam chowder. I was not hungry when it came time to eat, but I do happen to know that the clam chowder there is some of the best, aside from some I had in Monterey...and thank you!

Rachel~ I love being out on that water. I do take advantage of it most of the time though. People flock to SF from all over the world and usually when I was working on the bay I did not even look out the windows.

~Billie~ said...

Awesome pictures! Looks like you guys had a great time! The hotdog thing is cracking me up!! Poor kid.