Saturday, February 7, 2009

The One Where I Make Myself Look Like A Slob For The Whole Wide Web To See

I like to believe that I am a fairly-semi-ok-sometimes-good-enough house keeper. What I am about to show you is evidence of otherwise. These are photos of moving day.

The Master sized mess.

Heh. The closet is still completely full.

Oh, look. I actually have an empty room.

See. It is completely empty. Yes, it is just a bathroom, but still...


My bedroom. I am so totally excited to finally be away from that wallpaper. Do you see the patch of missing paper? I did that to see how hard it was going to be to get it all off. It was next to impossible. I can finally buy a bedding set that I like instead of being forced to buy one that matches that damn wallpaper. I would lay on my back and look around feeling like I was sitting on the inside of a hat box. Previous owner said it reminded her of an ice cream shop (not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing, but she spent $8000 to have the walls prepped and have that wallpaper put up, so I imagine at one point in time she did like it). In any case, it is uggggggly.


The little man's room. Almost completely done.


The girly girl's bedroom. Not too bad.

The view from upstairs.


Screw moving boxes, we use garbage bags. Heh.

Um. Yes. My computer was still hooked up on moving day.

Zach is Big Daddy's cousin. Zach and big daddy's brother were painting and big daddy's brother did this right before shoving the oven back in to it's place, after all the paint was put away.

The laundry room.Ugh. That is just nasty. It still looks like this.


Not too bad from this view, but if only you could see that the other side of the room was built in shelves that were still mostly full of crap. On moving day.


Crap, crap, and more crap.

In case you were counting, I just showed you 7 different types of flooring in a 1417 square foot home. Four different colors of carpet, linoleum in the master bath, wood floors in the dining room/computer area, and tile in the hallway/kitchen...FYI I did not picture the other upstairs bathroom, which had yet another flooring type.

Anywho, I have been ridiculously busy this week, what with moving, unpacking, still packing, running from house to house, studying for these quizzes that I have every other day at work, actually working. Blah, blah, blah. I have barely had a second to breath lately. The first time I actually sat down yesterday was not until the kids were in bed. (I just read this and felt like I was maybe coming across as whiny, which I hope I wasn't, because I am really happy with the direction of life these days...)

I am exhausted and I have to work in 8 hours, so I'm out.

Hope you are all doing well, I am slowly catching up with my blog reading, but I still have nearly 200 unread blogs in my reader. I'll get there!

2 comments:

mommymommyland said...

Yikes! are you able to clean all that up in your time crunch, or are you leaving your security deposit behind???

Can't wait to see your new place!!!

MarvelousMOM said...

It is so crazy what you find when you start moving things out and packing!

I'm excited for the new place.