Friday, March 20, 2009

Don't Poke The Bear

OMG.

When we were looking for a house to rent my step-brother's girlfriend referred us to this house, telling me that her Aunt's neighbor was looking for a tenant and that the price was in our range. She gave me her Aunt's phone number and I called right away to set up a time when we could come see the house.

We walked into the house and immediately fell in love with it. It is perfect. Just our size. In a gated community for added security. In a great school district with distinguished schools. Closer to the hubs work.

We spoke with the owner of the house, who lives in Southern Cali, and arranged everything and moved right in.

What I was not expecting [although I should have been] was for my [step] brother and his girlfriend to break up.

They have a 9 month old baby, and she is simply adorable. We all love her to pieces. Especially Riss. Riss just can NOT get enough of her cute little squishiness.

Ok, so we live next door to crazy drama baby mama's Aunt. The Aunt watches the baby a couple days a week, and when we were over here the first time, just to look at the house she told me that the baby is at her house a couple days a week and the kids could come over and see her...

Fast forward to last week.

The baby had just been dropped off by crazy drama baby mama {CDBM}.
Riss asked me if she could see the baby, so I asked CDBM's Uncle if it would be OK if Riss went inside to say hello. He, being the nicest man ever, said of course, no problem.

He walks us in through the garage door, and CDBM's Aunt is there changing the baby's diaper, getting everyone ready to leave. He tells her that Riss wants to say hi to the baby, and she starts freaking out. "J, there is so much commotion right now...blah, blah, blah" I understand that she is trying to leave the house. Fine. [He turns to us and tells us that it is OK] So I tell Riss to be quick about it. She stands there and makes googly eyes at the baby for like, oh, I don't know...10 seconds. Gives her a kiss. Says "Hi cute baby". Then we leave. So we were in there for a total of maybe 20 seconds (although, with CDBM's Aunt being such a stress-case it felt more like 20 minutes...)

I understand that CDBM's Aunt was trying to get ready to leave.

Really.

I get that.

However, like it or not, Riss is that baby's cousin.

So when CDBM and my brother were talking last night she told him that she did not want my kids going in to her Aunt's house to see the baby.

Specifically, she said, "When the baby is over at my Aunt's house I don't want Paloma's kids going over there to see her."

So, to say the least, she has poked the bear. Anyone and everyone knows that you do not poke the bear. Especially the Mama Bear.

I have never been even remotely rude to CDBM, and get along quite well with my neighbors.

CDBM has actually never, and I mean NEVER, said anything crazy or rude or bitchy to me, she has to everyone else in the family, with the exclusion of my sister and me.

I have never talked bad about her crazy I-need-meds-for-being-bipolar-but-refuse-to-take-them-because-they-will-make-me-fat ass to my kids. They really like her. They also get along famously with the neighborhood children.

For her to say that my kids are not allowed to go next door when the baby is there just kinda pissed me off. The only problem is that I have no idea who to be mad at...CDBM? Or CDBM's Aunt for even making an issue out of Riss coming over there to see the baby for 10.5 seconds?

The baby is in a bag. Hahaha.

Love, love, love, her roly poly baby self. SO much!


Sorry, y'all. I just really needed to vent. I really think that it sucks that the kids always know when the baby is next door, and although they never really do go in to the neighbor's house, now they can't. I guess that what I really don't understand is why it was such a big deal. Riss is 5 years old. Five. C'mon.

My Mom told me not to say anything to the kids. And if they do happen to go into the house when the baby is there that I should let CDBM confront me. Other than that I have been told to take no action. They are in the beginning stages of a custody case, which has the potential of getting very ugly. I really feel like my hands are tied.

For the time being I am going to listen to my Mom and just keep it to myself (well, and you, interwebz...)

5 comments:

misguided mommy said...

i feel like driving by and egging that bitches house. i hate it when people fuck with kids, and i hate it more that ho felt like she could tell your brother who could see HIS KID.

FUCK HER

MarvelousMOM said...

Wow she has a lot of nerve. That is just wrong. I hate women who pull stupid shit like that. She's obviously jealous of you which is why she singled you out. I like your moms advice. Ugh so sorry you have to deal with that!

~Billie~ said...

Holy Crap! Hello! You don't make that kind of fuss in front of a 5 year old. Period. If she has issues, she should pull you aside. What a bitch. Both of them.

followthatdog said...

I'd be mad at both of them. The Aunt for making it a big deal and the mama for letting her. What a load of crap.

Good news about finding the house though! I'm glad that worked out for you.

Rachel said...

Ditto. That woman has no right..