Thursday, April 9, 2009

Backwards Aging

I just got off the phone with my BFF, Amy. Today is her birthday, so of course the kids and I called to sing to her. We got her voice mail and left her a message and we said "Happy birthday Dear Auntie." when it came to that part.

She played the voice message on speaker phone and one of her three year old's was in the room when she was playing it. The sweet little nugget said, "*gasp* It is AUNTIE'S birthday, too????"

Haha. Get it?

The little one thought that it was my* birthday too (because, obviously, she does not call her Mom "Auntie"). Funny kid.

So I got her on the phone and we had this conversation:

Me:
So, are you feeling really old now?

Her: Actually, no. I thought I was turning 33, because I thought I was 32 all year long. So it is a pretty nice surprise that I am only 32 today!"

Me: *cackle, cackle, laugh, laugh* OMG. So you are doing the opposite of aging? That is so awesome!


Amy on the left, me on the right, circa 1997


Happy birthday to my very best friend, may you always feel younger and younger with each passing year!

*She could have thought it was her other auntie's birthday, but for the sake of the story we are going to make me the only auntie, because that is more awesomer.

6 comments:

Misguided Mommy said...

OH MY GOD.

WHAT ARE YOU WEARING
AND OMG YOUR HAIR

YOUR HAIR!!!

AND YOUR SHIRT

I MIGHT DIE FROM LAUGHTER

OUCH. THE LAUGHING HURTS.

YOUR HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ATWATER PEOPLE ARE SO STRANGE

MarvelousMOM said...

hahaha, I could never post a picture like this of me! hahahaha

~Billie~ said...

HaHa! I love it! I can never seem to remember my age. I remember Hubby's then have to count backwards 3 years. Love the picture! Don't miss the 90's! LOL!

Rachel said...

Did you post last year and post a pic of your friend too? I swear I saw a pic from you back in the day with high hair..

Mrs. F said...

Misguided~ Thanks. No really, thank you.

Marvelous~ This is one of our funnest memories, I actually LOVE this picture, even if we have crazy hair! And invisible shirts.

Billie~ That is funny. The 90's were fabu!

Rachel~ Yes, I have posted this picture before. It really brings back great memories, even if we are silly looking...

Mrs. F said...

Misguided~ P.S. We lived in San Diego when we took this picture. So shut up. :P