Sunday, April 12, 2009

I Successfully Baked The World's Ugliest Easter Treats

No doubt there will be mocking to endure in the afternoon.

I baked these mini-cakes to take to Amy's house for the Easter party that she hosts every year.

We were at Joanne's, a local crafting store, a couple of weeks ago when I found the cutest silicone mold. in. the. world. I mean seriously. The cutest. Easter egg shaped mold. With zig-zag's on it and everything. Of course we bought it. I told Amy so, and she insisted that I bring the dessert for Easter.

I baked the little cakes, which, as it turns out, are not nearly as cute as I thought they were going to be.

I looked up ideas for decorating them on the Wilton website and found one that I thought was insanely adorable. You melt candy melts and pour them over each egg and what you are supposed to get is a smooth surface, beautiful and sophisticated. Like this...




This is what I got...



With no time left to fix my horrible craftiness, I went ahead and decorated the little buggers. I thought, maybe, just maybe, they would end up looking somewhat decent, or at least if I put a bunch of candy and shit on them that they would be disguised as cuteness.



This is officially going down as the worst cake wreck ever. Good thing I am not a professional baker, or there would be internet mocking by the famed cakewrecks website, for sure...

Happy Easter my friends.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Yeah but I bet they taste great!! YUMMY!!

mommymommyland said...

Just say the kids did them, and you'll be fine!!! (Pss, maybe your candy melts were not hot enough??? It doesn't look like they really melted.

~Billie~ said...

HAHA!! Were they at least edible. Too funny! I'm not good with the whole baking thing either.

misguided mommy said...

i think they look delicious. if you hate them you should just send them all to me, i will dispose of them properly

Tammigirl said...

This is funny! And also why I don't bake stuff like this.

But look what I did, and it's easy to do, too:

http://funnelfullofsoup.blogspot.com

Do these for Mother's Day and you will be a ROCK STAR. Then you can tell them your Easter creations were just an "April Fools!"

Anonymous said...

F
V
seo
SEO是目前最新興的廣告曝光方法,SEO搜尋行銷提供了專業的關鍵字排名與SEO搜尋引擎最佳化服務,讓你的網站在SEO排名遙遙領先,歡迎洽詢SEO的專家 ... SEO自然排名 規劃架設seo seo網站 專業關鍵字公司1通電話幫您把網站排名到第1頁、 想要讓自己的網站大量曝光嗎? ...


a383
6

r