Saturday, April 18, 2009

I'm Not Sure Whether I Want To Run And Save My Brother

Or if I am comfortable enough to sit at home laughing my ass off at the crap he is going through this weekend.

Luckily, I trust his friends and my Uncle and cousin enough to know that they will not let him be truly harmed.

This weekend marks the weekend of the Spring Doin's for the ECV and my brother is going to attempt initiation.

I have no idea what this entails, but I do now know that my hillbilly is showing.

I looked up ECV initiations on youtube and all I found was this.



Apparently the initiation rites and secrets of the Order truly are just that...secrets. I can not believe how hard impossible it was to find a video of initiation. I actually came up empty-handed.

I just know that my cousin said that sometimes when he sweats (years after his initiation) he still smells chicken guts. I have no idea what that has to do with anything, but it certainly sounds traumatizing enough!

Good luck, brother. And just remember, when you are done with this weekend you will no longer have to endure any of this crapiness:


Having your crutches painted hot pink then hidden in a tree


Owning the worlds most outlandish Halloween costume
(although I kinda think you enjoyed that one!)



Showing off your skinny legs in tights...


Haha, truth be told, you probably will still have to endure that kind of crap from your friends. Look on the bright side, at least now you will be able to fight back.

3 comments:

~Billie~ said...

HaHa! How funny. Never heard of that before...
Hopefully it will give him some good (and not too frightening) memories.

misguided mommy said...

am i stupid? what is ECV

Mrs. F said...

I guess it is a brotherhood, a fraternal organization.

I am sorry. So many of the men that I know are in it that I just assumed everyone knew what it was.

Here is wikipedias definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_Clampus_Vitus