Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lets Play A Game

A few months ago we were challenged by the MisguidedMommy to photograph what is in our purses.

I figured there is no time like the present to do it. And by present I mean: My kids got me two new purses for Mother's Day and I switched to the new purse already (they insisted!).

Old purse:




New (Fossil) purse:




Other new purse (Kathy Van Zeeland) that I am not using yet:



Junk that was in my purse when I dumped it out on the table:




Organized junk, for your viewing pleasure:




What is it?

  • $20.16 randomly floating around
  • Seven pens
  • Yellow highlighter
  • White-out pen
  • Comb
  • Two toothbrushes
  • Two toothpaste tubes
  • Vaseline hand lotion
  • Bath and body works spray
  • Two tubes of Burt's Bees lip stuff
  • One tube of Bare Escentuals Buxom in Dolly
  • Pur minerals face powder
  • Clear nail polish
  • Two sets of tweezers
  • Six bobby pins
  • Two clips
  • Two hair rubber bands
  • Makeup brush
  • Brown liquid eyeliner
  • Lipstick that I haven't used for over a year
  • Two packets of Neosporin
  • Almost empty bottle of Excedrin
  • Some acne medicine that my mom gave me because my little brother won't use it because it dries his face out. (Like I want my face to dry out?!?!?!?!)
  • Two necklaces, both made by my mom
  • Two packs of matches
  • One lighter
  • My wallet
  • Coasters from my work
  • Bottomless button from my work
  • A key chain medallion from the Hubs work
  • Two pedometers
  • (4) 3-day passes to Disneyland
  • Hotel key from the Suites at Fisherman's Wharf
  • Paint sample paper
  • Build a bear club card
  • Two of my old boss' business cards
  • Nintendo DS flier that looks like an actual DS
  • $50 gift certificate to "Brew It Up" that I bought from Restaurant.com for $4
  • Doctor receipt
  • Pay check stub
  • Paper from the kids school with their numbers on it so I can pay for their lunches online
  • SVC paper telling us how much they were giving us for "updating"
  • Green foam paper for in between my flip flops if they hurt my toes
  • red thing from my old purse that held the string together or something

And now for a guessing game/giveaway: How many receipts did I have in my purse? The one who comes the closest gets a $10 gift card...C'mon. Get your guess on, yo!

P.S. You should do this, too!

13 comments:

Julie said...

11

Misguided Mommy said...

wahoo! i was waiting to see what purses you got. i love love love love that fossil one!

what is the pink tampon looking stuff in your purse? you had soooo much in there, holy hell girl.

i guess you had 17 receipts!

Mrs. F said...

I think the pink is a portable toothbrush.

And thank you, I love them, too!

The JNJ Hasleton's said...

WOW!! I'm impressed. Your pile looks worse than my mom's. That's really saying something.

Anonymous said...

9!

Sarah said...

Im going to say...... 13.

oh and so when are we going to brew it up? huh? They have some pretty awesome beer/food there. Just sayin. :)

Mrs. F said...

JNJHasleton~ Thank you *takes a bow*

Sarah~ I have had this certificate for 2.5 months now. I need to use it sometime in the next 9 months. I will let you know!

Anonymous~ Even if you were right, which you are not, I have NO IDEA how I would have contacted you. You left NO info, but thanks for stopping by and guessing! :)

Rachel said...

This is great. I cant even imagine what is in my damn purse.

followthatdog said...

Two comments. First, you have even more shit in your purse than I do. And I carry a rock around in my purse just in case my 5 year old asks where I put this specific rock.

Second, I have sheets that match your new purse. Not sure why I feel compelled to tell you this, but I do. And I love them. And I love your purse. That said, I will never steal your purse for fear of it getting lost when I set it on my bed.

mommymommyland said...

Aba says 21.

I say 52.

We both get a vote, right???

Mrs. F said...

Rachel~ Yeah, I was a bit surprised to see all of that was in there. :)

Followthatdog~ A rock? Really? Your boys are hilarious! And ohhhhh, I bet your sheets are gorgeous! :)

Mommymommyland~ Of course you both get a vote! :)

~Billie~ said...

Ooo!! Love the new purses! Totally cute.
I thought my purse was stuffed! Too funny!

I'm going to guess 37 recipts!

Aimee said...

I was gonna say 21 - but I'll go with 23. :D