Tuesday, June 2, 2009

GE Can Suck It!

Two years ago we splurged and bought new appliances for the whole house. Most of the appliances were GE brand, and in all fairness, most of those appliances are still working like the day we bought them. With the exception of one. The washing machine.

The less-than-two-years-old front-loader.

And I have something to say about that.

Shocking. I know.

So here it goes; my open letter to my washing machine:

Model Number WBVH5100 or WBVH5100HWW,

You can suck it.

You have been nothing but a headache to me for the past year or two. And I mean that literally. We live relatively close to the train tracks, and I hear the train at a quieter tone than I hear your spin cycle.

Your timer says 59 minutes, but apparently that is just a suggestion, because you take roughly two hours with each load.

You have gnawed up my clothes, leaving them in absolute shreds.

But this last stint you pulled? Well, that was a doozy. I mean come on.
I start the load of laundry as I would any other load of laundry. About half way through your cycle I walk past you to find that you are leaking. All over my house.
I wait until the wash is complete before I check your problem. I look inside and find that the gasket that seals your door is SHREDDED. All the way around. Are you mother-flippin' kidding me? I mean seriously? I did not even put any sharp objects in you. Ever. And this is how you repay me? By making me go out and buy a new $150 part for you.

I hate you so much, GE Model number WBVH5100. You will never know.

Next time I am going with the LG. Or Bosch. Because GE, you can suck it!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Paloma

waiting for a new part

the shredded gasket

I had to go to the laundromat, and now I have ten loads of laundry stacked up on my bed
This is not even all of it!


Also? Laundromats are expensive. I spent $3 per load, and when I got home I still had to throw the laundry in the dryer because it was not completely dry. I spent a total of $30 at the laundromat in one week.
Laundromats can suck it, too!

11 comments:

Julie said...

Oh NO HE DIDN'T!!!!

You better show that washer who's boss.

misguided mommy said...

omg mine mildews my clothes. makes me fucking insane

~Billie~ said...

Holy shit, that sucks! Grr... I feel for you! I hate laundry, but having to deal with a broken washer and laundromats (*shiver*) is the worst!

Vic said...

Laundry is the bane of my life! If my washer needed a £150 part it would be heading straight for the washer place in the sky whilst I bought a new one.

Aimee said...

holy crap! seriously?!

misguided mommy said...

might want to check my blog

http://www.misguidedmommy.com/

Anonymous said...

I just came across you from Shannon's blog, and I'm so glad I did! My hubby and I are shopping for a new washer and dryer as a self-gift for our anniversary (how much more boring can we be, I know, lol), and this is soooo good to know! Thank you!

Livin' the dream said...

Didn't mean to leave that last one as "anonymous"... I'm just blog-tarded :)

Rachel said...

I bought front loaders from sears and they suck too. Bottom line we had them fixed 4 times in one year. The fixer guys said to never wash socks except in a laundry bad and do not over stuff because the machine cannot take it. At the store they tell you to wash 25 towels. bull shit. Do small loads and wash small stuff in a laundry bag. We paid so much money to take the laundry toe get cleaned. sucks. sorry!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA are you serious??!! i thought i was the only one with this problem. i have the EXACT washer and the gasket just ripped on me but I DO have to agree that the time display is my biggest annoyance. it reads like "28 minutes" left and 30 minutes later it still says "28 minutes" WHAT?!. Ive found that it works the best when you only load a half load but i still wonder why the spin cycle sporadically doesnt work. Sometimes the load comes out completely wet like the spin cycle didnt even work. I think GE should do a recall on this model. BUT either way, I promise you that I will never buy another GE product!

Anonymous said...

Seriously,
There should be a recall on that gasket! I have the same model and it did the same thing! After finding out what the leaking problem was and looking for the parts online, and seeing the cost, I noticed there is a recall on another part! I think everyone should get at least half of their money back for this lemon!!!! Not to mention the money for all of the clothes it chewed holes in!!!!