Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fudging Jerks!

Today is hard.

It's been a week since I learned of my Dad's passing. The longest week EVER. I feel like it's been a month.

Or two.

There are times when I can be happy, usually when I am surrounded by the love and support of my friends and family, and for that I am truly grateful.

I'm just having a really hard day today. I want to call my Dad SOOOO BAD! I want to tell him that someone played a mean prank on me and then we can laugh about it and call the whole world jerks. I can actually hear him saying that. Everywhere I look I see people saying what a kind, sweet, gentle soul he was. It's all very true. He never had a harsh word for anyone. Unless they fucked with someone he loved. "Those fucking jerks. Oh, excuse my language honey, those FUDGING jerks!"

In my head I know that is not going to happen though. Somewhere in my head, anyway. But there is that other part that really just wants to TRY to call him, just to see.

No comments: