Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Singledom.

I'm a single mom.

Yes, this is new.

No, it hasn't yet been announced on Facebook.

Yes, it is official.

Not many people outside of my immediate circle know.

Josh and I got into a huge fight last year, and while we did make amends, we never really fixed our problems. So it was basically like living with a roommate for nearly a year. In August he started driving the Tahoe to work and sleeping in it, then coming home on the weekends. On the 24th of September, he moved in to his own apartment 50 miles away, in Manteca.

For nearly 10 years I have defined myself as a wife, and a mother. I think right now it is important to find out who I really, truly am, if not a wife, but still a mother. I'm not ready to date, and neither is he, but I know that when I am ready to start dating I would like to know who I am, and most importantly, I would like to have something to offer.

3 comments:

The Bjurstrom Family said...

Thinking of you.

The Fishers said...

Oh, my dear friend. I am sorry to hear. I love, though, that you're taking the time to figure out who you are... so important.

Want to know what else I love, your comment above. I hate those strange Chinese comments!!

Mrs. F said...

Thanks, friends.