Saturday, July 16, 2011

Not Much

I don't really have a lot going on right now, so I don't really know where to start with this one.

In March I quit my job at Red R0bin for a full time position at a technical college, a job that it took me about a year to get.

And only two months to lose.

I don't really have much to say about it. I knew from the second day, when the b*%ch that I was sharing a cubicle with went to our boss and told her that I was eating lunch at my desk (apparently frowned upon, but I'm not sure how I was expected to know that), that it was not my dream job. Every day in that office was a nightmare. I felt like we were offering students things that we couldn't deliver, and most of the people in that office were lying to their graduated students on a daily basis (telling them they had faxed in their resume for them to several places, when really, they didn't send out a single fax all week, stuff like that...) I'm not big on lying. Or sitting in an office full of liars for 8 hours a day... Part of the promise of the technical schools is that they have a huge graduate placement rate. So my job was to make sure that a certain number of "my" graduates were working (placed) in their field of training each week. I was never able to hit my "budget", so one sunny day in May I was relieved of my duties.

I woke up that fateful morning with the clearest thought I had ever had---if I did not make it past my 90-day probation period, I was going to try to get in to cosmetology school. Strange that I had that thought that very morning.

When I got home that day I revised my resume to perfection (which was actually a part of my position at that job, so I was at least armed with the necessary skills for that) and started sending out to any open positions I could find. It's been nearly 2 months now, and I have yet to have a single response, but I am still actively pursuing going to cosmetology school. In fact, I have an appointment at my favorite school on Monday afternoon.

So, there's that.

More soon, I promise. It actually felt really good to get that all out. :-)

No comments: